14 iunie 2013

Story of the Horse

I will tell the story of the Horse.


I was fixing a bug with logo & slogan upload for a company, which I heard it didn't work to change the logo. I had millions of tabs open and I couldn't distinguish between online & local anymore. I took a random GOLD company from online and checked it locally - but when I changed the logo (with a horse pic) I noticed I was online.. ooops. Let's change it. I tried to put the original logo back, but it wasn't taking effect...

Why a horse? It the beginning I wanted to put something nasty. Because I was annoyed that again I have this re-occurring bug and it's not pleasant. But with the horse on my mind all tempered.

Spent hours trying & trying to modify the company's logo and get rid of the horse. Locally it was working perfectly, but online not. At the end of the yesterday, I ended up deleting the logo, but planned to fix it asap on today.

The logo was delivered differently by the CDN in regard to whether you are logged in in FDQ or not. This was my impression. In Chrome I was logged in and seeing normally after changing the logo with the real one, in Mozilla I was seeing the horse, being unlogged. The same picture url. This is freakish... Had to tell to the boss.

I took the link of the pic separately and showed it to him. Of course I didn't show the company's profile ...



... but only the link of the picture alone :D So that he doesn't see my mistake. But boss saw the normal logo in both cases! again weird... but I was a little relieved. Maybe the bug fixed itself as weirdly as it appeared.

At a moment, boss wanted to send stg to the Senior guy Cristi and sent by mistake the link of this logo - horse. And Cristi opened the link and said:
- Hahahaha... what's up with this horse??

All laughed. 2 of the colleagues knew about this strange bug before and how much I was testing how they see in their computers. Cause I couldn't explain myself. A same picture url to be seen differently in different browsers:))))))

Then Cristi saw by the link it's the logo of an important FDQ gold member. This thing is sensitive because actually those Gold members pay thousands of euro to stay the first on the list and they got annoyed with anything disturbing  - example - if others have logo and their company logo is not there, they freak.

Cristi opened the directory and saw the famous company GUILMIN SARL with a horse picture attached:)))))))))))) all laughed:)))))))) I laughed:)))))))))) boss laughed:)))))))))) boss said: If Guilmin Sarl see this he  will kill us all... :)))))))))))))

The boss said: So this is how you are testing??? To this guy you put a horse, to next company you put a monkey , and so on........ Oh my god GG :)))))))))))))))

I explained it was a mistake:)))))))))))))))

In the end: nothing is deterministic!!!!! The rule of cause and effect doesn't always work.

Concluding the story with some Horse certificates:

Niciun comentariu: